Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tool #10

These are some of the free apps I like:
1. Dictionary.com. It delivers trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com. No Internet connection is needed once downloaded.
2. Dragon Dictation. Easy to use voice recognition application that allows you to speak and instantly see your text or e-mail messages.
3. Comic Touch Lite. Make your own photos come alive by giving them the Comic Touch. Add balloons to give your subjects thoughts and words. Add captions to describe the scene or title the photo.

My PK students can use the iTouch watching videos, listening music, learning to read, playing games, enhancing knowledge after experiences at the zoo, etc. These are some apps appropriate for them:

1. I Can Read Lite. Designed for young children learning to read and spell. Over 60 three letter words.
2. Houston Zoo. Designed to enhance the guest experience at the zoo while increasing knowledge of wildlife and conservation both at the zoo itself and while at home.
3. VideoScience. Science experiment videos 2 to 3 minutes minutes in length that demostrate the steps of simple experiments designed to inspire kids of all ages.

Note: All the descriptions I have given before were taken from the list of SBISD Approved Apps for the iPod Touch.

2 comments:

  1. I like your choices! I think they are very appropriate. I wonder if the Houston zoo has free WiFi so teachers could connect to the app while at the zoo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your choices too! You've given me new insights as to how I can improve my lessons in science.

    ReplyDelete